http //ij.start.canon for mac
http //ij.start.canon for mac– Canon IJ printers for wireless networks, We can see the requirements we must have before setting Canon IJ & after it connects the printer to the wireless network.
- You must have an access point such as a modem, router, or Wi-Fi modem. And also you have to ensure the connection provided in this access point is functioning properly.
- Then you must at least have a smart device or computer that has an Internet connection, to make the Canon IJ settings. To make sure that your device is connected to the Internet, open the browser and type the canon.com/ij extension settings that open all the details related to Canon com IJ setup.
These are two important factors that you should consider before setting Canon IJ. After checking this out you can easily connect a Canon printer to your smart device.
The various steps involved in connecting the printer to a wireless network using “http //ij.start.canoncom IJ Setup ” are as follows:
- Windows users should put a CD that has been provided with a set of printers to start with a Canon Wireless printer setup. If you do not have a CD or if you are a MAC user then you should go directly to the software download manual and follow the printer that you availing.
- Then you will find the screen appears and on that you have clicked next. If you are a MAC user then you must type in the password so that the helper tool can be installed. Then again you have to click NEXT to ensure a smooth function.
- Important STEP: Here you will find an emerging screen that will display whether you will want to pursue with a USB or a wireless connection. Go for a clear wireless connection.
- Then, you should keep in mind that the printer must be turned on and also the power light is lit and then skip forward.
- Next, you have to associate with the network by linking.
- A screen will pop up from where you have to choose ‘ setup without wires ‘. If you are an interstitial of Windows XP then you will not be able to see the ‘ cableless Configuration ‘ option but you should select the ‘ Other Settings ‘ option. Then
- Windows XP people have to go directly to the Select ‘ Wireless setup using USB cable ‘ for Canon Wireless printer setup options.
- A very important step is this one. You will see the ‘ Connection via cable Setup settings ‘ is displayed and from there you have to jump to the option of WiFi printer and hold hold until the orange alarm lamp is sparkling two times and then you just release it.
- Next, you’ll need to make sure the blue Wi-Fi lamp flashes instantaneously and the green light is sparkling. Then select Next.
Note: When you do this, you should remember that your network connection will not be available for some time. Select
- Thence your region should be selected then select Next.
- Place your place where you live and click NEXT
- Then, you have to jump to the software you want to install. You can always uninstall it in the future.
- In the following screen you must select on ‘ YES ‘ to make sure that you have clicked correctly on the end User License agreement.
- Then on the following screen you will find the printer model as well as the wireless network name.
- Finally click COMPLETE to end the setup process of Canon Wireless printer.
Setting up Canon IJ printer with USB
If you can’t find your printer after you are done with your Canon printer setup or go through with IJ. Start. Canon then you must select ‘ Network connection setup via USB ‘ and skip to next.
- The screen will follow from where you have to jump towards setting Canon IJ and connect your printer to your computer by installing a USB cable. If you are a MAC user then click on Next.
- After all this is done then you will see on the access Point screen with which your computer is connected with. If you want your printer to associate with a particular wireless network then go ahead, click Yes.
- If you are a MAC user, point towards click ALLOW. Then the screen will pop up from where you should uninstall your printer from the computer and select Next.
- If you are a Windows user, click COMPLETE.
- This is only for MAC users, after your printer attachment with your computer, the access point will be displayed and then you have to click OK.
- Then jump to ADD PRINTER.
On the screen afterwards click on the specific driver version you are looking for and click on ADD.
To finish all Canon IJ Setup, skip to next.
How to install Canon IJ printer driver for Mac and Windows?
After you connect your printer to a wireless network, you can print from various devices. Now we will see how to install Canon printer drivers to your computer using a wireless network. Installing a network printer is a tedious task when compared to a USB connection.
- First, read the installation guide if you have a hard copy of user manual then read this one & for users online users can visit canon.com/ijsetup to access User manual & other settings are also provided with the printer Your Canon.
- Connect to a wireless network using the display screen provided in a Canon wireless printer.
- If your printer is successfully connected to your network, then you can easily install it by opening the control Panel.
In the Control Panel select a device and printer and in select the Add Printer option.
- Next select Add Network, wireless or Bluetooth printer option from the various available options.
- Then select your wireless printer from the list of available printers.
- Now install the necessary driver software for your computer by clicking the Install Driver button.
If you need to know more details about the installation process, you can visit IJ Start Canon.
This is the whole process of connecting your Canon printer to your computer via the Canon IJ settings. After all the setup formalities are complete and you have successfully connected to the printer via your Mac, make sure to provide the test on your printer. Select a random document from your computer’s files and folders and go to the print icon or an option that exists anywhere in the document and select it. Check that your printer successfully processes those specific document printing requests. If you have a printed document extracted printer, it shows the printer is connected and works fine. If you are unable to obtain print, you can contact a service center or respectable personnel who provide after-sales services as they can help you install the printer.